Monday, April 28, 2014

T'was My Last Week in Berthoud!‏


Soooo the moment you all have been waiting for, even though you might have already heard, because somehow I have spies all over! Goodness:)! haha. I am going back to WYOMING! Haha. RAWLINS 1st Ward to be exact. I am pretty excited about it. My companion's name is Sister Zvirzdin. I still don't know how to pronounce it all the way but that's ok:) I've heard good things about her and I am excited!  I think that we are the first sister missionaries in Rawlins. Or second transfer of sisters. I just know they have had elders there and everyone was surprised to hear that sisters were going there. So that is super exciting!! I am going to be so close to GR though. Weird huh? Oh well, I can handle it:) I just think it  is funny how we joked about me getting sent to Rawlins but I never thought I really would. But it feels right and it feels like it is time to leave. I have loved Berthoud and have been able to move the work along here.
That is a goal that I have. When I leave every area I want to be able to say that I helped to make the area better then when I found. I can say that with Berthoud. We may not have been able to baptize anyone during my time here, but the area is being prepared and I was an instrument in the Lord's hand to help with that. We helped move the members forward in their work, we helped less-actives move forward towards Christ, we helped find multiple new potential investigators, served, blessed, strengthened. I don't feel disappointed with the work that has been done here. I am excited to hear about Berthoud more as the time goes forward. Sister M is staying here for another transfer. That will be 4 transfers for her in one area! Crazy huh? 

Last P-day was super fun! We all go to the Stake Center for P-day and this past Monday the Elders had brought giant foam swords. Elders...haha. Then they would battle with them. I watched for a bit and then I just had to join in! It was so much fun! I have made some really good friends in this zone. We have had some excellent Zone Leaders and District Leader. They truly have Charity and really use that Charity to help us be obedient. They have been really strict with enforcing the white handbook but it is in a very loving way. We have great zone unity right now because we are all moving forward with the work in the Lord's way. I am including pictures of our District, and also our Zone Leaders. I am going to miss Loveland Zone a lot. 

We have had a few neat experiences this week. A few weeks ago we were going through our phone contacts and found a name in there with no number but the missionaries had put an address. So we decided to go and stop by and see who this person was and get in contact. A lady came to the door and we asked if she was Alison. She said she wasn't but then she started talking to us and asking who we were. Then when she found out that we were from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, she got really excited! She said she knew some Mormons and loved them. She said that the night we stopped by was perfect because things were crazy and she had been needing some peace. She then asked if we had any literature. Well, of course we have literature! So we pulled out a Book of Mormon and introduced her to it and told her how it came about and what it was about. She said she would start reading it that night. She was so excited and we left her with a prayer and said we would stop by next week. We walked away completely dumbfounded. We don't get experiences like that very often. The Lord's hand was in that  occurrence 100%. The joy that filled my soul was amazing and I realized, once again, the joy that comes from being an instrument in the hands of the Lord. We pulled the car over on the side of a Berthoud country road and thanked Heavenly Father. Experiences like that make it all worth it. 

We had a ward potluck this week. We invited so many people to it but we only had 25 people come:( That is such a tough thing in this town. We can invite and invite and invite, but it is always up to the individual. There are a lot of hard hearted people in the world. But one thing that I have realized is that love can soften hearts. I have seen the hearts of so many soften while I have been here. Love is such a powerful thing. Once someone understands their Heavenly Father's love, through you, they start to make changes. This week the less-active I was talking about who we did service for last week, his wife has asked us to ask him if we can teach him the lessons again. She says that she thinks now his heart will be softened enough to accept. 

This weekend we also had the opportunity to go to a memorial service for a member's son who passed away last year. They are some of the most well-known people in Berthoud and there were many individuals that were in attendance at the service. A less-active came to it that had never been to the Berthoud church building and we were able to sit by her. They focused a lot on the Plan of Salvation and the hope it brings. You could just tell those members of the family who didn't know about the Plan of Salvation and how they were so weighed down with sorrow. My heart hurt for them and I was able to weep with them. Mourning with those that mourn. I had a neat opportunity to be there as the Savior would be. Weeping with them. But I am so grateful for the knowledge we have of the Plan of Salvation and that we know we can be with our families for eternity through the power of the priesthood. 
.Alma 34: 32 For behold, this alife is the time for men to bprepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of cthis life is the day for men to perform their dlabors.
 37 And now, my beloved brethren, I desire that ye should remember these things, and that ye should awork out your salvation with fear before God, and that ye should no more deny the coming of Christ;
 38 That ye acontend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the bname of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and cworship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in dthanksgiving daily, for the many emercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you.
 39 Yea, and I also aexhort you, my brethren, that ye be bwatchful unto prayer continually, that ye may not be led away by the ctemptations of the devil, that he may not overpower you, that ye may not become his subjects at the last day; for behold, he rewardeth you dno good thing.
 40 And now my beloved brethren, I would exhort you to have apatience, and that ye bear with all manner of bafflictions; that ye do not crevile against those who do cast you out because of your dexceeding poverty, lest ye become sinners like unto them;
 41 But that ye have apatience, and bear with those bafflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions.
I don't share these verses to bring a feeling of guilt or call you to repentance but to show what the purpose of this life is. And then focusing on the last couple verses, we have many mercies and blessing given to us and one day, we can rest from all our afflictions. We must come to know our Savior and continually be doing the things we need to to come unto our Savior. Lean on Him when times get tough. Don't be afraid, only believe!  

I am sad to leave Berthoud but so excited for this next transfer! I feel a confirmation already that the Lord needs me in Rawlins, WY and I am at peace. My testimony that the Lord truly knows what He is doing, has been strengthened. Every transfer is what He wants done. Also, all you Wyoming people, I know it might be tempting to come and visit me since you are so close, but resist;) You can still wave "at me" as you pass through Rawlins though. I love you all and hope all is well back home. I'm coming back Wyoming!!! Look out!

Love,
Sister Young
Easter time eggs

District

Zone Leaders/Berthoud Elders








No comments:

Post a Comment