Sunday, August 3, 2014

Progressing Towards the Temple!

July 28, 2014

So as you all know, I got a new companion this week. Her name is Sister Johnson. She is from California, has curly hair like me, loves essential oils, healthy foods, and is the oldest in her family. It's been pretty great so far. We both really like to make lesson plans for the individuals that we are teaching each day, which is something I have been trying to do with companions for my whole mission! Also, we both really like to just teach simply. Which is key. So we have been able to have some neat lessons this week and be on the same page for those lessons. That has been wonderful. She also seems to want to work hard and is striving to be obedient.  I am really enjoying it so far. I can be myself for the most part too, which is really nice. I know the Lord is helping me. We both have similar eating habits, we have been exercising every day, she wakes up right at 6:30:), and we have been playing tennis every other day, and then running on the other days! Awesome huh? She just left an area that she had been in for like 6 months though, so she is really missing it. But she will learn to love this place. 
I really LOVE Rawlins. I just don't know how it is going to be when I leave. In my mind, for some reason, I have convinced myself that I will be here forever. Which is bad, because I know in my head, that missionaries move all the time. There are just so many wonderful things going on here and wonderful people that are truly finding and using the Atonement in their lives. 

This week we saw so many less actives progressing and working towards their goal of going to the temple. The temple prep class is going to be started in just a couple weeks and that has made a lot of couples very happy in our ward. One couple, the Greens, I just love them, he calls us the Elderettes. I have really just clicked with them, and this week when we went over, we asked what they were working for right now, and they told us that actually they were working on getting their temple recommends back right now. I felt so much joy when they told me that! It was amazing! They hold such a special place in my heart and I am so happy for them and their diligence in moving forward. I have truly gained a strong testimony of home and visiting teaching and fellowshipping. Each of these less-active families would not be progressing if they did not have home teachers and visiting teachings and people at church being there for them showing love for them, The missionaries are the ones who help them spiritually but the members are the ones that will be there in the long run, helping and lifting them. 

This week we were also able to get 4 new investigators! Remember how Jessica and her husband came to church last week? We stopped by this week and they said that they have been looking up on lds.org and mormon.org more about the church. They aren't ready for the discussions yet, they said, but we are going over to answer questions this week. 
Also, amazing story. One of our investigators told us this week that a lady was coming with her to church who wanted to learn more. She showed up to church on Sunday and stayed for all 3 meetings. Then after we went up to her to see how she enjoyed it and to ask her if she wanted to learn more. But she beat us to the punch! She asked us if we could come over and teach her. So we are going over tomorrow to teach her. People are searching. She said she has been wanting to come to church for the longest time but didn't want to go by herself. There are many out there who would love to come to church but don't want to go alone. Invite, invite, invite!

Getting members involved more and more too! We are taking members to as many lessons as possible. This week we taught a man named Nolan, and we brought a lady with us from the ward. She loved it, and it is just great to have members involved and getting excited. Our lesson with Nolan went well. He is truly searching but can't seem to see the difference between Catholic authority on the earth and the priesthood restored upon the earth, But he is reading the Book of Mormon. 

Just a wonderful week of being able to see progress and see people who are truly moving towards their Savior. I really love, love Rawlins and the wonderful people here. So many neat experiences here too. The work is moving forward. People are moving towards the temple and getting excited to make covenants. They work to overcome their habits, their struggles, and it is all possible through the atonement. It works. I see so many people using the atonement here.It's amazing. I love you all!!! Thanks for everything!!! Hope your summer is going wonderfully:)
Love,
Sister Karissa Young

Tennis for Workout






Happy Pioneer Day!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment