Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Winter Has Officially Begun


Hey Everyone!
This week was probably the best week of this transfer.We had Trunk or Treat this week and our truck won 2nd place for best decorated:) We had a bunch of less-actives and an investigator that came that night with his son. It was combined with the other ward and it was great being able to see everyone from Ferris Mt. too. 
This week, my companion and I have been trying to use Hymns more in our teaching. It is great to use hymns. They truly bring the spirit so strongly. There is a less-active lady who had us over this week. She has depression and a lot of other struggles in life. She just has a lot of struggles and just needs some love. We went over and spent some time with her and then the next day we did some service by helping her clean her house. It was quite a chore but it was really great to see her humming along to the hymns we had playing and working with us to get it all clean. Afterword we sat down with her and asked what her favorite hymn was. She told us that it was How Firm a Foundation, but we had to sing ALL the verses. Haha. So the 3 of us sang it together. I have never noticed the other verses to "How Firm a Foundation", but they are beautiful. https://www.lds.org/music/library/hymns/how-firm-a-foundation?lang=eng
  1. 4. When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
    The rivers of sorrow shall not thee o'erflow,
    For I will be with thee, thy troubles to bless,
    And sanctify to thee, and sanctify to thee,
    And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.
  2. 5. When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
    My grace, all sufficient, shall be thy supply.
    The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
    Thy dross to consume, thy dross to consume,
    Thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine.
  3. 6. E'en down to old age, all my people shall prove
    My sov'reign, eternal, unchangeable love;
    And then, when gray hair shall their temples adorn,
    Like lambs shall they still, like lambs shall they still,
    Like lambs shall they still in my bosom be borne.
  4. 7. The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
    I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes;
    That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
    I'll never, no never, I'll never, no never,
    I'll never, no never, no never forsake!
 It was powerful and she felt the spirit so strongly and started to weep. She thanked us for our service and our love and the spirit that we brought into her life. It was a neat experience to be able to bring her a glimmer of hope in her times of distress.

Our Halloween night was great! We had to be in by 6 and we were told to do our Weekly Planning at that time. So we got our costumes on, I was Minnie Mouse, and we had a ton of goodies and we did our planning. Then when 9:00pm hit, the 4 of us sisters had our own Halloween party! We did bobbing for apples, eating donuts on a string, and eating goodies. It was a blast:) So much fun! 
The work is moving forward. We have a lesson set up with Pat this week to teach her the next lesson. She believes the Book of Mormon to be the word of God and is really interested to learn more. 
I love you all! Thanks for your prayers and love:) Keep pushing forward!
Love,
Sister Young

Minnie Mouse :-)

Halloween Night

Snow Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment