Monday, March 30, 2015

I'm Going Back to Wyoming!


Hello All! 

We heard about transfer news this weekend and there are some pretty big changes that will be happening for me. I will be heading to Cheyenne, WY in the Capital Hill Ward. I will be companions with Sister Heintz (I think that is how you spell it...) Another exciting change, I have been called to be a Sister Training Leader as well. I think I will be the Sister Training Leader for all of the Sisters in Wyoming since they now only have 3 companionships of STLs for the entire mission. I'm excited to have this leadership opportunity to learn, grow, serve and love. It will be quite a few changes though so I will be praying a lot. I hear that the ward I am going to is awesome though, so I am pretty excited:)

We had some really neat miracles happen this week. First one, last night we got a text from Sis. M, K(recent convert) mom, that said, "Just wanted to let you know that (her husband) has been sitting in on scripture study for the past couple nights!!!" That was the best text ever! His heart is being softened little by little and as they read the Book of Mormon together, I know it will continue to be. That was a huge step for him and it filled me with so much joy to hear. Their cute family is so sad to see me leave. The youngest doesn't quite understand transfers and when she was told that I was leaving, she said, "She can't leave mom! She can live with us! She can have my bed!" They were pretty upset when they heard. This family has been such a big part of my mission and I know they will continue to be a huge part of my life

Another amazing experience that we had this week was a bit unexpected. One day we felt prompted to text a couple that we have worked with a bit but not too much. The wife is a member but less-active and didn't grow up much even in the church. Her husband is not a member but has taken the missionary lessons many times through out his life. They both love missionaries but have seemed pretty content to stay how they are which is why we haven't worked a ton with them. But we text them, after not having seen them in quite a while. Sis. B said, " My husband was just asking about you both and wanted you to come over!" We set up a time for the next night. We went over and found out that we needed to be there that night. He had been going through some tough times and was really in a tough spot. We shared Because He Lives with them and had a wonderful lesson on the Savior and his Atonement. They both really opened up to us, which is hard for them. Then we felt prompted to sing, "Where Can I Turn for Peace." So we did. The spirit was so strong while we sang and Bro. B after just sat there sobbing. They kept saying how much they had needed us to be there that night and how it was not by accident that we were there. I love the spirit. I love music. I love the Savior. 

As, I leave Terry Lake, it will be hard to say goodbye. I love the ward dearly. I am so incredibly grateful for my wonderful companion, Sister Jensen. We have had such a good time together. I am so grateful for her. She is such an amazing missionary and I have learned so much from her. We helped each other through the difficult times. I know I was needed here.  I'm grateful for the people I have meet and worked with and I have made some lifelong friends here and seen lives change through the Atonement. 

I am so excited to watch General Conference this weekend and hear the counsel from our living Prophet. I know he receives revelation from Heavenly Father that we need in our lives. To watch conference online this week you can go to  https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch?lang=eng
Prepare this week to be able to receive the messages that Heavenly Father has to give to you individually. I know the spirit teach us each what we need to know. I love each of you!! Happy Easter!! Always remember our Savior and His sacrifice for us.  
Love,
Sister Young



No comments:

Post a Comment