Monday, April 6, 2015

We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet!

Hello!
 Happy Easter! How was your Easter Sunday? How was General Conference? Tell me all about it. What talks were your favorite? I am still processing. We watched conference at a a bunch of different places with people I had just met. haha. Such is life:) 
So, first, tender mercy of General Conference weekend. There is a family in the ward named the K family. Guess where they are from originally? Korea!!  Well, we watched Sunday morning with them yesterday and then they invited us to stay for lunch, which was Korean food!! Bee Bim Bop...I think that is how you spell it maybe. I was overjoyed. They are such a neat family too! And their cute Grandma was visiting them from Korea for the weekend as well and only spoke Korean the whole time. It was just a great place to watch conference. I'm excited to get to know them.
As as mission we are working towards helping 50 of Heavenly Father's children to the waters of Baptism this transfer. We have been fasting and praying for this as a mission and doing our part as much as we can. So, last week we did a mission fast. That same Sunday, there was a man from this ward who went to the bishop and told him that he is ready to be baptized. His wife is a member and he has been working with missionaries on and off for years. But he is now ready! We met with him this week and he truly has spent a lot of time gaining his testimony and now feels like he is ready to be baptized! He will be baptized on April 25th. Miracles! The Lord is truly preparing His children to be baptized. 

There is also a 9 year old girl we are working with who is ready to be baptized but is having a hard time setting a date to actually get baptized. Not quite sure what her hold up is yet. But we will figure it out for sure. 

My new companion is Sister Heintz. She is from Northern California. She is great. She loves life and has a positive attitude.

This weekend with General Conference, I was able to have my testimony of Living Prophets strengthened so much! Oddly enough it was during the sustaining of our leaders that my testimony was strengthened. With the odd occurrence of those who "opposed" our prophet, I had a mix of emotions occur. But as the session continued I realized how much I do know that Thomas S. Monson is God's Prophet on the Earth today! I will sustain and stand by him through whatever happens. When we sang the hymn, "We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet," the spirit testified strongly to me that we do have a living prophet and "those who reject this glad message, shall never such happiness know." It just made me sad for those select few who chose to not sustain our prophet. They really have no impact upon the Lord's work. They will never receive the joy of the gospel. That is so sad. 

I know we have a living Prophet on the earth today! I will stand by him, sustain him, and follow him. I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week:)
Love,
Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment