Monday, April 13, 2015

Continue in Patience


Hello All!

Our top progressing investigator is P. He is still set to be baptized on April 25th, which is coming up really fast. He is doing really well. They are a super sweet family. 
Another investigator, N, she is 9, has been having some real struggles lately and doesn't want to be baptized. She is super smart. Most of the things that she says I just can't even believe are coming out of a 9 year old's mouth. She knows what she needs to do but is not willing to get baptized yet. She is having trouble feeling Heavenly Father's love because she is struggling to feel love in general. But she still comes to church, but she doesn't want to get baptized yet. Soon though, hopefully.
.
We had a ward party on Saturday night. It was super great. A yummy meal and then a lot of performances from the ward members and some non-members as well. We had quite a few non-members and less-actives that were able to come. The K family performed some traditional Korean songs and even sang, "How Great Thou Art" in Korean. It was neat to be a part of the whole evening and to finally get all of the ward members in one place so I could finally meet them all. We truly are part of a wonderful ward here. The people in Wyoming are so focused on the Atonement. I love it. I've been able to see how all kinds of different stakes work as I have gone throughout my mission and I have seen how the stakes that are most focused on the Atonement before they are focused on the numbers, those are the stakes where true miracles and progression happen. Those are the stakes where the most rescuing is being done. It is so great to be a part of that again here in Cheyenne. 
I love the Lord. We are doing His work. I am still learning to trust Him more. Especially when trials come and I don't feel like I can move forward. I was reading Pres. Uchtdorf's talk this morning from 2010. One of my all time favorite talks. "Continue in Patience." Here is a quote that I truly just loved. "

Patience Requires Faith

Brigham Young taught that when something came up which he could not comprehend fully, he would pray to the Lord, “Give me patience to wait until I can understand it for myself.” 5 And then Brigham would continue to pray until he could comprehend it.
We must learn that in the Lord’s plan, our understanding comes “line upon line, precept upon precept.” 6 In short, knowledge and understanding come at the price of patience.
Often the deep valleys of our present will be understood only by looking back on them from the mountains of our future experience. Often we can’t see the Lord’s hand in our lives until long after trials have passed. Often the most difficult times of our lives are essential building blocks that form the foundation of our character and pave the way to future opportunity, understanding, and happiness.
 I know that is true. I have been being continually built as I exercise patience. Trusting in the Lord. He knows what will help me most now, and help me most for my future family. He loves us perfectly!

I love you all!!! Have a fantastic week.

Love,
Sister Young
Pics-The K family in their traditional Korean clothing. 
A giant cookie that some members bought for us. I only could eat a few bites. 



No comments:

Post a Comment